Make Connections, Accounting
- Conduct informational interviews with UO alumni and accounting professionals. Use LinkedIn’s alumni search tool to find connections.
- Check out Lundquist Connect, an online platform where students can network with alumni and friends of the college to build connections, share insights, and advance their careers.
- Check out the Networking Resource Page for sample informational interview questions and email templates.
Join Clubs or Professional Organizations:
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) – A student-run national honors club for accounting students where students can network with professionals, get to know their fellow accounting students, and begin their transformation from student to professional.
- The Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (the OSCPA) offers a FREE membership for students! Membership offers networking opportunities, skill-building programs, and discounts on CPA exam review courses.
- Oregon Consulting Group (OCG) – A student-run consulting group where students get hands-on experience working in tight-knit, high performing teams building deliverables for paying clients.
- University of Oregon Investment Group (UOIG) – An opportunity for students to gain leadership experience and improve their presentation and public speaking skills through participation in the operation of an investment management organization.
Join Networking Associations: