Gain Experience & Develop Skills, Marketing
Although you will develop many skills inside the classroom, getting involved and gaining experience will allow you to test them out, improve your abilities, and give you concrete examples to share with future employers.
Project & Leadership Ideas
- Seek a marketing, communications, or outreach leadership role within a student club or organization.
- Volunteer to do outreach, marketing, or social media for a club.
- Develop a marketing plan for a local business, student organization, or university department.
Seek These Types of Internships or Part-Time Jobs
- An internship that introduces you to marketing functions such as branding, data analysis, data implementation, content creation, digital marketing programs, advertising, public relations, and sales.
- A part-time job that allows you to focus on building relationships with customers or clients.
- A part-time job that allows you to gain hands-on experience working with social media accounts, marketing strategies, SEO optimization, and content creation.
- Coursera.org – Enroll in courses on various career skills such as data science and business to help expand your expertise and leverage your skills in interviews.
- LinkedIn Learning – The University of Oregon is now a LinkedIn Learning campus, so UO students can access this professional skill-building learning platform for FREE.
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative Suite
Opportunities On Campus
Check out Handshake for campus job listings.