Make Connections, Finance
- Conduct informational interviews with UO alumni and finance professionals.
- Utilize Lundquist Connect, an online platform where students can network with alumni and friends of the college to build connections, share insights, and advance their careers.
- Check out the Informational Interviewing Resource Page in Handshake for sample informational interview questions and email templates.
Join Clubs or Professional Organizations:
- University of Oregon Investment Group (UOIG) – Gain in-depth experience in equity research, valuation, portfolio management, and market analysis. Members engage in making investment decisions for over $1.5 million dollars of funds while building technical analytical skills used in practice. UO IG members use data and analytics to assess high-caliber investments and expand their education beyond the classroom through application and professional development.
- University of Oregon Financial Management Association – The FMA is a nationally recognized organization whose mission is to bridge the gap between classroom-based financial knowledge and real world application. Meetings often include talks from established guest speakers from within the industry that provide thoughtful insight and potential opportunities. Members gain knowledge, experience, and professional development through club-sponsored events and workshops.