Gain Experience & Develop Skills, OBA
Although you will develop many skills inside the classroom, getting involved and gaining experience will allow you to test them out, improve your abilities, and give you concrete examples to share with future employers.
Project & Leadership Ideas
- Create a portfolio of previous projects and work samples (ex. Web app development, Database development, Operations assessment and recommendation project).
- Hold a logistics leadership position for a department, club, or event on campus.
- Take on projects with local startups, clubs or organizations that allow you to build and practice your skills.
Seek These Types of Internships or Part-Time Jobs
- Part-Time Technical Support
- Data Analytics and Logistics Intern
- Business Analyst Intern
There are many different free platforms and tutorials online that can help you self-learn different technologies and hard skills that could be useful for a profession in Operations or Business Analytics.
- Software development platforms: review, host, and manage projects.
- Tableau: Visual data analysis platform to build models and platforms.
- Coursera.org – Enroll in courses on various career skills such as data science and business to help expand your expertise and leverage your skills in interviews.
- LinkedIn Learning – The University of Oregon is now a LinkedIn Learning campus, so UO students can access this professional skill-building learning platform for FREE.
- HTML, JS, CSS, SQL, PHP, Node.js, XML, Python etc.
- Code Conquest
- 3 Schools