Gain Experience & Develop Skills, Sports Business
Although you will develop many skills inside the classroom, getting involved and gaining experience will allow you to test them out, improve your abilities, and give you concrete examples to share with future employers.
Project & Leadership Ideas
- Take on a marketing/operations/financial leadership role within a club or organization.
- Get involved in local sports teams or leagues.
- Volunteer for sports events such as the Prefontaine Classic.
Seek These Types of Internships or Part-Time Jobs
- Ticket Office jobs at UO Athletic Department
- Other roles in the UO Athletic Department
- Coursera.org – Enroll in courses on various career skills such as data science and business to help expand your expertise and leverage your skills in interviews.
- LinkedIn Learning – The University of Oregon is now a LinkedIn Learning campus, so UO students can access this professional skill-building learning platform for FREE.
Opportunities On Campus
- Marketing Internships with the Athletic Department
- UO Football Ambassador
- UO Football Operations Intern
- UO Diamond Ducks