Make Connections, Entrepreneurship
Conduct informational interviews with UO alumni and other professionals in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Check out the Networking Resource Page in Handshake for sample informational interview questions, suggestions for creating a customized invitation to connect on LinkedIn, and email templates.
- Connect with alumni and other friends of the college on Lundquist Connect for advice and networking. This platform includes email templates, making it easy to reach out!
- Find UO alumni on LinkedIn through the LinkedIn Alumni Search tool. Review profiles for common interests then create a customized invitation to connect!
Join Clubs or Professional Organizations
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Club – Members can expect brainstorming sessions, interactive workshops, site visits to startup companies and investment conferences to network with peers and guest speakers. The club’s mission is to strengthen your knowledge, capabilities, and professional skills so you develop your ideas, products, and businesses.
- UO Toastmasters – Toastmasters offers a structured yet informal environment for their members to practice public speaking. Each meeting incorporates a mix of prepared speeches, impromptu topics, and constructive evaluations.
- RAIN Eugene: Regional Accelerator & Innovation Network – RAIN connects the local innovation ecosystem around the University of Oregon and the cities of Eugene and Springfield with the entrepreneurial community to create high impact, innovative, traded sector companies that can grow and thrive in our community.