Gain Experience and Develop Skills, Finance
Although you will develop many skills inside the classroom, getting involved and gaining experience will allow you to test them out, improve your abilities, and give you concrete examples to share with future employers.
Internships or Part-Time Job Ideas
- Financial Analyst Intern – Develop experience managing and developing portfolio maintenance, build communication skills while acquiring new and potential clients, and engage with team members to develop business initiatives.
- Financial Advisor Intern – Assist in the preparation of comprehensive financial plans and recommendations, conduct industry and market research, and gain exposure to using software to build financial models.
Project & Leadership Ideas
- Hold a financial coordinator leadership position for a department, club, or event on campus.
- Become a financial controller for the Associated Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) or a local company.
- Coursera.org – Enroll in courses on various career skills such as data science and business to help expand your expertise and leverage your skills in interviews.
- Practice navigating the stock market with Robin Hood.
- LinkedIn Learning – The University of Oregon is now a LinkedIn Learning campus, so UO students can access this professional skill-building learning platform for FREE.
- Wall Street Prep –
Explore On-Campus Opportunities
- Check out Handshake for campus job listings