Gain Experience and Develop Skills, General Business
Although you will develop many skills inside the classroom, getting involved and gaining experience will allow you to test them out, improve your abilities, and give you concrete examples to share with future employers.
Project & Leadership Ideas
- Hold a leadership position for a department, club, or event on campus.
- Volunteer for a local nonprofit and grow your business skills as you assist with fundraising, event development, or other projects.
Seek These Types of Internships or Part-Time Jobs
- Sales Intern – Learn about an industry and/or product line as you help develop customer-based solutions, while continuing to develop your communication skills and your professional network.
- Business Analyst Intern – Help to develop and document new processes. Perform detailed analysis and report on findings.
- Coursera.org – Enroll in courses on various career skills such as data science and business to help expand your expertise and leverage your skills in interviews.
- LinkedIn Learning – The University of Oregon is now a LinkedIn Learning campus, so UO students can access this professional skill-building learning platform for FREE.
Explore On-Campus Opportunities
- Check out Handshake for campus job listings