We are looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom. It’s essential that applicants to this position be dynamic and confident, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivation and work well within teams, and understand the importance of having an eye for even the smallest details. In exchange, you will be working with the best PR professionals and gain invaluable experience and contacts. We invest in our interns and have an excellent track record of developing candidates by offering excellent opportunities and hands on engagement in all facets of the public relations field.
- Join teams within our organization to work on a variety of projects – product launches, corporate/brand PR, social media campaigns, influencer (Twitch/YouTube) relations, etc.
- Monitor all forms of media to track client coverage and search for press clippings
- Compile daily and weekly coverage reports
- Participate in client calls
- Arrange conference / skype calls
- Make copies of agenda for team members
- Take meeting notes
- Compile media contact lists
- Assist in updating and maintaining the media database
- Draft & review PR materials (pitch letter, media alert, press release, fact sheets, FAQs, briefings, etc)
- Engage in media relations via research and pitching contacts
- Assist with promotional mailings (packaging, coordinating mailing service, etc)
- Conduct research findings and develop reports that help the organization and projects (editorial calendars, events calendar, competitive analysis, etc)
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should have a keen interest in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing and/or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing and research skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns’ proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.