Explore the four domains of emotional intelligence—self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management—as defined by psychologist and author Daniel Goleman. The domains build on one another, starting with a greater awareness of self and others, and ending with the management of relationships that are critical to your personal and professional life. Learn how to become more mindful of your strengths, limitations, and the values that define them; explore ways to create space between yourself, your thoughts, and your emotions; develop awareness of how people see the world differently based on individual preferences, as well as social and environmental factors; and use awareness of self and others to work toward collaboration, innovation, and mutually beneficial relationships.
This course includes videos from:
- Daniel Goleman, psychologist, lecturer, and science journalist
- Amy Cuddy, social psychologist and associate professor at Harvard Business School
- Susan David, psychologist at Harvard Medical School and cofounder of the Institute of Coaching
- Alan Alda, Emmy-winning actor, writer, and director
- Angie McArthur, CEO of Professional Thinking Partners
Note: This course was produced by Big Think. We are pleased to host this content in our library.Login to LinkedIn Learning