The school year is nearly here—it’s time to get ready!
There is no doubt about it, Fall Term is busy! From new courses to club involvement, career events to industry recruiting, there is a lot going on. So, the smart move is to set yourself up for success—now. Here are some tips on how to get ready to make the most of your term:
- Commit to completing a few more informational interviews before returning to campus—Fall Term gets busy, so do it now!
- Update your LinkedIn profile with your summer job/volunteer/internship activities. If you’d like some feedback, submit your profile for online review.
- Be sure to update your resume, too! Remember that there are many activities that count as experience—courses you took over the summer, study abroad, summer jobs, volunteer work, and internships. Think about what you accomplished over the summer—what did you do that helped a business, an organization, or a customer? Start there when creating your bullet points for your resume document. Then, submit your document for online review.
- UO Part-Time Job and Work Study Fair, October 3
- Beta Alpha Psi presents Meet the Firms, Accounting, October 5
- BizCareers in Finance: Finance, Banking, and Real Estate, October 11
- UO Fall Career and Internship Expo, October 19
- BizPaths: Exploring Careers, October 20
- BizCareers in Outdoor Apparel and Sustainability, November 9
Go ahead, get involved, try things out, and start counting yourself in!
Remember, you don’t have to figure it all out alone! Mohr Career Services advisors are working through the summer and look forward to serving you. Schedule an appointment (either virtually or in-person) and let’s work together on crafting a plan!