Summer is nearly here. For many this means summer jobs, internships, travel plans, vacation, and more. Amongst all the exciting and busy plans, have you thought about how you will keep on track with your career goals?
As a quarter school, the University of Oregon has a later class start than many of the regional schools for the West Coast. This means that many students need to ‘hit the ground running’ when it comes to application deadlines and recruitment during the fall. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you are interested in a particular company or job, you’ll want to keep track of the deadlines that are coming up for their application process. Check Handshake and individual company websites for application deadlines.
- Keep an eye out for recruitment events and info sessions that may be offered before classes start up again at Lundquist.
- You will likely want to update your resume and online social media (like LinkedIn) with your summer experiences.
- There may be unique opportunities during the summer to attend training, gain skills, or research fall opportunities for your career path.
- Summer can be a great time to network and connect with alumni.
Mohr Career Services has summer hours available to help you stay on track with your goals. Even spending just a few hours of your summer planning and networking could make a huge difference to your search in the fall. Remember – it’s never too early or too late to start!
Click to make an appointment with a career advisor today!